The Atlantic Immigration Program is a pathway to permanent residence
for skilled foreign workers and international graduates who want to study and work in one of Canada’s Atlantic Provinces. There is total four provinces that offer this program:

  • Nova Scotia
  • New Brunswick
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Newfoundland and Labrador

AIPP has 3 categories:

  • Atlantic International Graduate Program
  • Atlantic High-Skilled Program
  • Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program

Atlantic International Graduate Program :

International students, who are looking for Quick PR Related Course then they should have to plan their study in the Atlantic region.  In this region, the Government is promoting AIPP.

International Graduates Program:

Under this stream, students must have to finish their 2-year degree,
diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship credential from
designated Institutes in an above-mentioned Atlantic province.
and have been obtained:

  • as a full-time student
  • after completion of a minimum 2-year program
  • from a recognized, publicly funded institution
  • in one of the 4 Atlantic provinces
  • within the 24 months before the date of submission of the work permit application

An educational credential is not eligible if the credential was obtained in a study or training
program where:

  • the study of English or French as a second language was at least half of the program
  • distance learning was at least half of the program
  • a scholarship or fellowship stipulated that the recipient return to their home country to
    apply the knowledge and skills gained

Atlantic High-Skilled and Intermediate-Skilled programs

Applicants must demonstrate that they have obtained work experience:

  • for at least 1 year (1,560 hours total/30 hours per week), continuous or
    non-continuous, full-time or an equal amount in part-time, within the
    last 3 years
  • that was for paid work (volunteer work and unpaid internships do not
  • in an occupation with the following NOC codes
  • for high-skilled program – at skill type 0 or skill levels A or B
  • for intermediate-skilled program – at skill level C
  • where they have carried out the activities listed in the lead statement of
    the NOC and a substantial number of the main duties
  • that was obtained overseas or in Canada
  • To count, Canadian experience must have been obtained while
    the foreign national was authorized to work in Canada as a
    temporary resident.


he Government of Canada believes that foreign workers can help employers meet their labour needs when Canadians and permanent residents are not available. As part of this process the government supports higher-skilled foreign workers based on their potential to become economically established in Canada and to assist employers to meet their skilled labour shortages.

Employers who wish to hire skilled foreign workers and support their permanent resident visa application can make a job offer under Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry system. The job offer must meet the criteria of 1 of the listed economic immigration programs.

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP):

he employer must be offering a job for:

  • a higher-skilled position such as: management, professional, scientific, technical or trade occupations (National Occupational Classification (NOC), skill type 0, and skill levels A and B)
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week)
  • at least 1 year, and
  • a non-seasonal position

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP):

The employer must be offering a job for:

  • an eligible skilled trade or technical occupation (NOC skill level B)
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week), and
  • at least 1 year

Canadian Experience Class (CEC):

he employer must be offering a job for:

  • a higher-skilled position such as: management, professional, scientific, technical or trade occupations (National Occupational Classification (NOC), skill type 0, and skill levels A and B)
  • full-time hours (a minimum of 30 hours of work per week)
  • at least one year, and
  • a non-seasonal position
  • You must have 1 year (1560 hours) of work experience within the last 3 years related
    to the job.
  • You must have the appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job.
  • To qualify you must be 22 to 55 years old.
  • You must have a high school diploma (10 + 2)
  • You must prove language ability equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)
    Level 4 even if your first language is English or French.
Canadian employers are required to obtain a document from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)/Service Canada stating that they can hire the temporary worker. This is known as a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) gives an employer permission to hire a temporary foreign worker. It shows that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and no Canadian worker is available to do the job.

LMIA based work permit is a two-step application process. The first step is to apply for an LMIA to Service Canada. The purpose of the LMIA is to make sure that foreign workers are not being chosen over Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents those are qualified for the job. Positive LMIA determines that hiring foreign nationals in the specified occupation and at the specified work location is likely to have a positive or neutral impact on the Canadian labour market.

The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply. You should apply before you travel to Canada.

Your study permit is not a visa. It doesn’t let you enter Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If we approve your study permit, we’ll issue one to you with your study permit.

A visa invitation letter is a written letter from the person you are visiting who lives in the Schengen country you want to go to. The person you are visiting is inviting you to stay with them and by default, they guarantee that you will not stay in the country illegally.

For example, if you are visiting a friend in Germany, they will send you an invitation letter to stay with them for specific dates. They will describe the relationship they have with you and state that they will support you financially if you are unable to for the time you are in the country.

You must attach the invitation letter to the rest of the documents in your application, which you will give to the Embassy. The invitation letter is a strong supporter of your application because the Embassy will know that you are not just going to the country without a purpose. The letter will tell them why you are going and who you are seeing.

So in case you do not return to your home country within the specified time frame, the authorities will know you are staying illegally, but they will also have the contact information of the person you were staying with. That is how they can find you and take the necessary measures if you overstay your Schengen Visa.

If you are planning to travel for a specific purpose to the Schengen area countries, you must make sure that you have an invitation letter. The letter will make it much easier for the Embassy to grant you the Schengen Visa.

A visitor visa for any country is a kind of nonimmigrant visa permitting you to stay in a specific country for a certain period of time.

Generally, as a temporary visitor in a country, you can either attend short-term business activities, visit family/friends, or go as a tourist. A visitor visa also allows you to visit overseas for medical treatment.

What can I do on a visit visa?

  • Tourism
  • Vacationing
  • Visiting relatives
  • Meeting up with friends
  • Attending a business conference
  • Negotiating a business contract
  • Medical treatment
  • Holding consultations with business associate
  • Taking part in short-term training

Work or study (unless a short recreational course of study as a hobby etc.) is not allowed while in a country on a temporary visitor visa. If you enter as a tourist/visitor, you will have to apply to get your status changed or switch to another visa category before you can work or study in a foreign country.

Things to know about the visitor visa:

  • Usually hassle-free
  • Obtained easily
  • Must have a genuine reason for specific travel purpose
  • Proof of funds needed
  • A visa interview might be held
  • Biometrics usually required
  • Might be granted for – three to six months

An open work permit allows a foreign national to work for any Canadian employer he/she wants over a specified period of time. Some open work permits may restrict the kind of job or place in which the foreign national may work. A worker may apply for an open work permit from outside of Canada, within Canada or at a Canadian port of entry.

Canadian Open work permits are only issued to certain individuals who are also exempt from the LMIA requirement.

The following individuals are eligible to be issued an open work permit:

  • Applicants with no other means of support. (Foreign Nationals with No Other Means of Support)
  • Certain kinds of permanent resident applicants living in Canada. (Permanent Residence Applicants in Canada)
  • Foreign nationals living in Canada for humanitarian reasons. (Humanitarian-Based Open Work Permits)
  • Canada World Youth Program participants
  • Participants in certain international student and young worker exchange programs
  • The family members of military personnel and foreign representatives who are exempt from the LMIA requirement
  • Professional athletes entering Canada who require other work to support themselves while playing for a Canadian team
  • Spouses of skilled worker residents
  • Spouses of foreign students
  • Foreign nationals currently in Canada whose work permit will soon expire and who have submitted an application for permanent residence under:
    • The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
    • The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
    • A Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
    • The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
    • Note: These workers are only eligible for an open work permit if they meet the requirements for the program to which they are applying.
    • Foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC). Applicants under this class will be able to get an open work permit if:
      • They have submitted a Permanent Residence Application under the SCLPC class
      • The applicant’s spouse/partner is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
      • The applicant’s spouse/partner has submitted a sponsorship application on the applicant’s behalf
      • The SCLPC applicant resides at the same address as the sponsor/spouse/partner
      • The SCLPC applicant has valid temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker

There are two kinds of open work permits: unrestricted open work permits and occupation-restricted open work permits.

Under an unrestricted open work permit, a foreign national can work in any job, in any place and for any employer. An unrestricted open work permit will be given to eligible workers who have passed the medical exam. Unrestricted open work permits can also be given to eligible workers mentioned who:

Under an occupation-restricted open permit, an eligible person may work for any employer but the job in which the person must work will be specified. The job restriction is due to the fact that occupation restricted open permits are given to eligible workers who have not completed a medical exam. Thus, holders of occupation-restricted open permits are usually not allowed to work in jobs related to health care.

If an eligible worker receives an occupation-restricted open permit and is from a country that does not require a medical exam when entering Canada, he/she will not be allowed to work in:

  • Childcare
  • Primary or secondary school teaching
  • Health services

If an eligible worker acquires an occupation-restricted open permit and is from a country that does require a medical exam, he/she will not be allowed to work in:

  • Childcare
  • Primary or secondary school teaching
  • Health services
  • Farming


To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
  • have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
    • a promise of financial support for the length of your visit
    • the list and number of people in the household of this person
    • a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
  • have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
    • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
    • at least $100,000 emergency coverage
    • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid in full (quotes aren’t accepted)

You must also:

Financial support (proof of funds):

The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:

  • Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
  • Employment Insurance Benefit statements
  • employment letter including salary, job title, job description, and date of hiring
  • pay stubs
  • bank statements

Other conditions we consider:

We consider several things before we decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit.

We’ll look at these things when you apply:

  • your ties to your home country
  • the purpose of your visit
  • your family and finances
  • the overall economic and political stability of your home country

In most cases, your spouse or common-law partner can work in Canada. However, they will usually need a work permit to work in Canada. They must apply for their own work permit.

In some cases, your spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an open work permit—allowing him or her to accept any job with any employer.

The owner-operator work permit route is a two-step program where an initial work permit serves as the platform to become a permanent resident of Canada. The Owner-Operator LMIA route involves the following steps.

  1. Buy an existing Canadian business or setup up a new business in Canada.
  2. Create a job position for yourself as an employee of the business and apply for the Owner-Operator LMIA
  3. Get a work permit and start working for your own business as its employee
  4. Apply through Express Entry and become a permanent resident of Canada.

Get in Touch

Head Office:
Unit-12, 567 Coverdale Road, Riverview. E1B 3K7. New Brunswick. Canada

ZIP Code: E1B 3K7

+1 506-855-1346 (AST Time Zone)
+1 506-269-3132 (Mobile)


Follow us on

© 2023 All rights reserved. Made with ❤️ in India by